4.15.2004

Taxes... reformed view

I have always been a good strong Democrat... not afraid of taxing stuff... I figured, hey! Taxes pay for some pretty great things! Roads, police, schools... I say RAISE the taxes! (Always a sure way to rile any republican within earshot.)

Since 2003 was the first year I have ever worked full time- not claimed by my Mom- it was the first time I have ever had to worry about filing. I have been 'exempt' every other year. So you can imagine I was pretty pumped when I heard from my friends that had gone to get their taxes done-- 'I got a refund of $1400!' exclaimed Kristin. 'I got $900 back!' Samantha cried. Gosh! What will I do with all my fatty cash??!

Sidenote:
One of my major rules in life-- when looking forward to something, always expect less than you want. The boss just declared bonuses for all? I expect 5 bucks. Looking forward to seeing Hellboy? Expect it to be shit. THEN- when it's NOT? Not disapointed!

I temporarily forgot this rule.

Expect huge refund?? Almost OWE. Owe? Fortunately, the lady doing my taxes found a few places to help me out- I ended up getting a few dollars back....

So I say- taxes are a good thing- they pay for 'civilization'. But do I have to pay so many?