5.02.2004

Pals- the old kind

Is there anything better than old friends? New friends are great- but there's something about a person that you've known for years, had a cazillion experiences with, and you know they could get you in real trouble with all of the stuff they have on you. They've known you with bad haircuts, bad boyfriends and bad breath. They've shared with you deep secrets, shallow gossip and large pizzas at 3am. Situations may have caused you to slip up- not talk for weeks- months even. But then you talk! And nothing has changed.

Is this sounding like a Hallmark card?

Yes- yes it is. Here's my inspiration:

I recently got off the phone with my best friend from Australia- Rachel. What a charge to talk with someone I have shared so much time- so many experiences with. I hiked through New Zealand with this girl! We were 'Scuba Jaz' and 'Scuba Rach' together! I call her 'Bianca' for no apparent reason and she lets me! We were even tattooed together.

I have known Rachel for (only) 2.3 years. I can't wait to make her one of my older old pals.