6.17.2004

I need a plumr

I am usually grossed out with a super dirty bathroom/shower/toilet/etc. But I'm no maniac. I clean my bathroom about every weekend. And I let my boyfriend clean around the toilet- HE'S the one that misses, after all.

The bathroom is usually quite presentable when guests drop in, or my parents stop by-- not that my dad would care. He would stop by my apartment on Sunday mornings when I was in college. Many times, we had just thrown a party the night before. He was welcomed by plastic cups in the yard/hallway/living room, cardboard taped to the floor to protect the carpet (classy) and a hung-over daughter. I won't mention the state of the bathroom or where puke ended up.

Some of my roommates said they would 'die!' if their parents saw our place like that. I didn't care because I knew my dad didn't. I think he was somehow proud of the mess. It proved that we were 'normal' college girls that had enough friends to make that kind of mess. My dad's kinda strange.

Anyway, my shower/tub has been disgusting lately. I have a lot of hair. Long, thick and dark. (Ya know- because dark hair clogs more than light hair.) I have been known to clog a few drains in my day. You ignore it for awhile, until you don't know if you are taking a shower or a bath... Meanwhile, you step out of your shower/bath and the water slllooooooowly drains away. Leaving soap, and dirt and grime. Then the college flashbacks begin.

I finally had to stop the madness. I stood in Target for many minutes...

Liquid Plumr? or Drano?

Liquid Plumr? or Drano?

I finally eliminated Liquid Plumr because I think the spelling of it is dumb, and bought the Drano Gel. Worked like a CHARM. I now have a free flowing drain and an almost grimeless tub... I think the boyfriend will clean up this too...