5.17.2004

Mornings

Today was, again, one of those mornings where I could not get up. I was laying in my bed, the alarm was going off, and my boyfriend showed no sign of moving. For the next hour. My bed was more comfortable than it has ever been- again- and I finally forced myself out with a grumbled, "fuck...".

The annoying thing about waking up-- once I'm up- I am fine! No signs of dragging ass seen 30 seconds earlier. And I KNOW this. As I lay in bed and resist crying out to the sleep gods, I know that once I become vertical, I will be the fully functional human that I am right now... Once I get out of bed I feel awake and motivated and ready to wrestle my closet for the perfect outfit and with my hair for anything presentable.

I read O magazine. Yes- Oprah. I am currently 3 months behind. Make that 2 months-- I finished one up tonight. The April edition was all about TIME- saving, making, wasting, etc. From that edition, here is a list of 12 ways to get out the door faster:

The night before:
1- Prepack briefcase/purse.
2- Keep cell phone in charger on briefcase/purse.
3- Prepack lunches/backpacks as needed.
4- Prearrange clothes.
5- Review tomorrow's schedule.
6- Prepare coffee machine.
7- Coordinate bathroom schedules.
8- Have several routine breakfasts handy- portable if possible.
9- Keep make-up case organized.
10- Set a timer if you linger in the shower.
11- Get a low maintenance haircut.
12- Morning: not a time to be industrious. No paying bills, doing dishes, starting projects etc.

I think I need to implement #4 and #10... I tend to take long showers... The other suggestions are good- just not the most applicable to my little life.