5.05.2004

Scaredy pants

Piggy-backing on one of mikey's topics today:

Spiders scare the hell out of me.

Search for 'arachnephobia' on Google- you'll find this. But there should be a big picture of me.

I was pretty new at my current job when one of my coworkers approached my desk. He was smiling, cupping something in his hands, and said, 'I heard you liked these!' Me, being very trusting, thought- 'YAY! I bet it's candy!' So I leeeaaned in to see what he had. (you know what's coming- I-- didn't.)

As he opened his hands onto my desk, a small lanky spider came shooting out in a fury. It was freaking out on my desk.

IMAGINE me. Expecting candy. Getting freaking-out spider.

I didn't have a mirror handy to see my face, but it caused my ass-clown coworker to lunge at the spider, smash it, and write me three emails that day, apologizing.