5.26.2004

When it rains it pours

Fortunately, it's been pouring the good stuff. It seems that good things have been happening to all sorts of people in my life.

My mom finished her degree in Biotechnology last year. She has been a manager at a grocery store for the past 5-6 years and was having a hard time finding a job using her degree. Yesterday she got word that she passed the security audit for a job at the USDA labs in Ames! Isn't it nice when something good happens to someone who deserves it?

On that note, Jesse passed his last exam on Monday. He has been studying- literally- for the last 88 days. I CAN'T believe the studying is over! He starts work at American Express on June 9.

My older sister, Jessica, is closing on a house on June 1.

My younger sister, Chanelle, graduated from HS last Sunday.

And *I* should be receiving a (much earned) raise in the near future. And a promotion.

Just KNOWING me seems to hold some magic- no?