6.02.2004

Walking= only 250 calories

I just came across a really cool site.

First- let me tell you about National Geographic I experienced tonight. I recently made it back from my evening walk. Jesse is at his parents, so it was a solo trip.

I was about half a mile from my place when I spotted a cat in a dark driveway. I turned around to look again and it was a big raccoon! I backed away and let him be. My apartment building was around the block, so I walked around- and met the raccoon again. It crossed the sidewalk about 20 feet in front of me, bumbled across the street and hopped up the stairs to the sidewalk next to my building. I followed it- all stealth like- hiding behind bushes and momentarily freezing when he would look back. It was great fun. I hope all my neighbors saw me.

Anyway--- after my walk I hopped on Google and was searching for a site to tell me how many calories I had just burned on my walk. I came across this site. It calculates how many calories you burn doing all sorts of things! My favorites were 'playing piano', 'sitting' and 'billiards'. Although I never saw anything about raccoon spying...