7.13.2004

Ramble on

Jesse and I just got back from our used-to-be-nightly-but-not-anymore walk. Even though the humidity is at a muggy 100%, we needed to get out into some air- even if it wasn’t that fresh.

As we left our apartment, we ran into our new neighbor who introduced himself as Jake. He was very nice and just meeting him lifted my spirits! (Apparently I am in need of some social time.)

Jesse and I trekked off into our fabulous neighborhood and even jogged a bit. My boyfriend, a.k.a. Mr. Tree and I were major tree lovers tonight. We measured a couple trees with our arms (one was 2 people around- one was 3!) We even lay down on a sidewalk for awhile to admire 'the Bruiser'. The biggest white oak we've ever seen. We like to visit it every once in awhile.

On the way back to our place, we met a couple walking towards us on the sidewalk. As they passed, both Jesse and I said "hello". They said nothing back. I think it is a small-town-midwestern thing, but I cannot imagine someone saying 'hi' to me and not saying anything back. We were the only four people on the sidewalk and I know they heard us. The only reason I mention it is because it seems to happen a lot around here... I'm not upset about it- just baffled.

Anyway- have a happy hump day-- and say 'hi' to a random person today!