9.10.2004

Thanks assholes

Okay- I'm kind of PMSing right now, which may explain the letter I just wrote to the Super Target HQ. Jesse and I were already not in the best mood when we had to encounter extreme rudeness. Here are the sordid details:

I had just spent (a measly) $60 at the store when... ... ...

I am writing to inform you of a very unpleasant experience I just had at your new West Des Moines Super Target. As I was checking out, I asked for a roll of quarters in exchange for $10 cash. The cashier was not sure of what to do, so she flagged down a manager, who told me that I could get a roll of quarters at Guest Services.

When I approached the woman at Guest Services and asked for a roll of quarters, she simply said, "We don't do that." When I explained that a manager had told me that I could get some quarters there, she went to find another manager herself.

The 'manager' (not the same one) approached me and said again, "We don't do that. We don't sell change." I explained to her that I didn't want her to sell me any change, I just wanted to exchange my two five-dollar bills for some quarters. She replied again, "We don't sell change. That's what banks do."

While I appreciate the lesson on the functions of the banking system, at no time at 'Guest Services' did I feel like a guest-- and I certainly did not receive any service. I can understand if there is a policy at your stores that does not permit the exchange of cash for change, but this fact was never presented to me, nor was any apologetic reasoning whatsoever.

This may not seem like a large issue, but I must admit that it will take dire circumstances for me to visit a store again where I have been treated so rudely. There are too many options out there for me to waste my time where I am not appreciated as a customer.

I plan to share this experience with my friends and family. I hope that you share this with the managers in the West Des Moines Super Target as well.

Sincerely,
Jazlyn

PS- I stopped at my local Dahl's grocery store on my way home where they graciously exchanged my money into quarters-- and they're not even a bank.


Enough said...